Lead-Infection Preventionist - Infection Control
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring: Join our Infection Control team as a Lead-Infection Preventionist. This is a Full-Time position with our Ascension Providence Hospital - Southfield and Novi campuses.
Monday-Friday, on-call during off-shift, schedule may vary depending on department needs.
What You Will Do: Lead assigned staff in performing activities or tasks in infection control services.
- Lead or coordinate shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and/or associates.
- Serve as a technical or functional resource and perform similar duties with staff.
- Assign, monitor and review progress of work. Monitor and report compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversee and evaluate orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in Infection Control credentialed from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC) preferred.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Experience preferred in Prevention, Quality and/or Infection Control within a medical setting.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplemen t
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work