Chemical Analysis Technician
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by GlobalFoundries
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated chemical laboratory technicians
to become part of our state-of-the-art facility in Malta, New York. This position will be required to
perform a variety of chemical analyses to support our integrated circuit manufacturing operations.
Laboratory technician positions are shift positions (working alternating weeks of three and four 12-
hour shifts each week). GLOBALFOUNDRIES is currently staffing for night shift (D) opening.
Laboratory Technicians working in the Chemical Analysis laboratory will be required to perform
measurements to characterize the chemical, physical and biological properties of materials using the
following chemistry techniques
· Electrochemistry - potentiometric titration
· Mass Spectrometry - ICPMS, TD-GC/MS, residual gas analyzers
· Evaporative sample preparation techniques
· Airborne molecular contamination sample collection techniques
· Infrared spectroscopy - static and mobile platforms
· Total X-Ray Fluorescence spectroscopy
· UV-Vis spectroscopy
· Bacteriological testing
· Chromatography - ion, gas, liquid
· Surface Tension
· Single Wafer Desorption
· Support 24x7 factory systems. This is a 12 hour shift on nights (D-shift).
· Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
· Education - Minimum Associate Degree in Chemistry or related technical field or equivalent
· Experience - Minimum 2 Years' experience working in a lab setting
· Language Fluency - Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
· Physical Capacity Demands - Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per day shift schedule. Able to follow work and safety procedures for laboratory environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player under when facing challenges
· 2-5 Years' experience working to characterize chemical and physical properties of materials
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.