Maintenance Technician Equipment Engineering - LAM ETCH
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by GlobalFoundries
Summary of Role\:
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts. This position is for both day and night shift either 6\:30am to 7pm or 6\:30pm to 7am (night position will train on day shift for first three months then move to night shift schedule).
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on state of the art 300mm semiconductor ETCH equipment
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- High School Diploma or Military background.
- Experience\: 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands\:
- Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour schedule; including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and proper PPE when required throughout a 12 hour shift, excluding breaks
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
- Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Education\: 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or an additional 2 years of equivalent experience
- Experience - 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Proficiency with software applications\: Microsoft Office, Google Suite
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.