Facilities I&C Technician (New College Graduate)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by GlobalFoundries
Summary of Role\:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for skilled Instrument & Controls (I&C) Technician to work in the facilities organization. Tasks will include but are not limited to working with senior Staff and Engineers learning all computerized control systems and their associated subsystems within the Facilities Organization supporting our Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility. 98% of all systems are networked Modicon PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) which report into our multiple GE (General Electric) iFix SCADA (Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition) systems. These higher level systems then allow for remote alarming, monitoring, control, and reporting, to our various facility teams, as well as, our enhanced alarm and trending systems. The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter which is able to work in a team environment with a primary focus on customer satisfaction and a commitment to excellence and quality. They will need to have an understanding of programming, electrical interfacing, networking concepts, computer configurations, and HMIâs (Human Machine Interfacing). Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important and sometimes required.
- Position is for Day shift, overtime or weekend duty may be required at times and emergency call-ins are a possibility.Train under Senior I&C Technicians and Engineers, complete assigned tasks.Troubleshoot PLCs, Networks and Communications, and make necessary PLC logic changes as required to simplify and standardize like processes.Interface with Engineering on all System/Equipment concerns and problems. Perform preventive maintenance activities and visual inspection tours, documenting performance metrics on state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment. React to error messages on building and site systems and/or equipment, recover from process and tool interruptions.Utilize computers to document and communicate system status for all site operation systems, including shift logs to collaborate across all shifts.
- Familiarity with and utilization of LEAN tools to ensure continuous improvement, utilization and costs.
- Work in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical handling equipment safely is required. Working outside in all seasons 50% of the time.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, new team members as needed based on assignment, while able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective manner.
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of statistical data\:
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures, read Facilities Building and Sub-System prints to complete tasks and required documentation.
- Effectively demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner, supporting all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education\: Technical Associates / Bachelor Degree from an Accredited College and or University in Mechatronics, Science, Engineering, Computer, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or related discipline or Military Equivalent.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform maintenance activities, and work in the standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- 0-2 Years Relevant Experience
- Language Fluency â English (Written & Verbal)
- Semiconductor, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, and I&C / PLC experience.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing, process equipment, and a cleanroom manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand Logic, Sequencing, and Programming.
- Must be âhands-onâ, and be able to work in the field alongside operators and Technicians.
- Familiarity with hand tools and ability to utilize a DMM (Digital Multimeter).
- Knowledge in Equipment Control Systems, i.e. PLCs, Single Loop Controllers, SCADAâs etc.
- Knowledge in Instrumentation and Final Control Element Devices.
- Knowledge in Ethernet Networks and Communications.
- Proficiency with software applications\: Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems.
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams.