Intern - Gas Technician
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by GlobalFoundries
Summary of Role\:
- Faithfully follow all steps of Work Instructions for all assigned tasks.
- Maintain and operate gas delivery equipment.
- Perform minor inspections and preventive maintenance on gas related equipment.
- Perform daily rounds including recording readings, completing safety inspections, monitoring online gas systems, and completing chemical container change-outs.
- Monitor and understand gas delivery procedures for each product on site.
- Make initial evaluations and then obtain proper assistance when confronted with problem situations.
- Comply with all applicable PPE (SCBA certification is required), Lock Out/Tag Out Program.
- Performs minor analytical procedures
- Fill in daily communication log noting issues and work completed
- Be able to work with development engineers on new technologies
- Gas Operations, Reading site monitoring system to address gas cabinet issues, Replace empty gas cylinders, trouble shooting faulty sensors, replacing electronic components, regulators and transducer replacement,
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment
- Replacing valves, regulators, transducers and other mechanical components
- Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - Currently enrolled in a 2 years, Associates Degree program
- Experience - 0-2 years of Mechanical, electrical and monitoring skills a plus
- Travel - (% of travel required) None
- Language Fluency - English
- Physical Capacity Demands - Be able to move gas cylinders
- Mechanical ability, use of hand tools,
- Electrical components install and diagnostics
- Understand monitoring systems
- PLC knowledge
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs
- Be able to use ohm meter for electronic diagnostics
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.