Process Technician - Post Fab
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by GlobalFoundries
Summary of Role\:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a highly motivated Process Technician to work in the Post Fab area of FAB10 on wafer finishing technologies. This position would include responsibilities supporting our wets operations, including Plating and our Chemical Mix area. Responsibilities will include supporting existing processes and qualifying new processes. A Successful candidate will be a self-starter, intrinsically driven to drive process improvement. They will work in a dynamic and collaborative environment requiring strong teaming skills with engineers, technicians, managers, and production members.
- Identify areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Create tool and process qualification plans and successfully execute them
- Drive structured problem solving to understand root cause of scrap events and implement solutions to prevent recurrence
- Create and Update Manufacturing Work Instructions
- Strong Analytical and Statistical Process Control Skills
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education\: 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or GED/high school plus relevant work experience
- Experience - 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
- Familiarity with 5S, 8D, L6S, SPC, FMEA
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.