I&C Facilities Technician - 2021 Intern
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by GlobalFoundries
GlobalFoundries is seeking a Technician Intern for our Facilities Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) team in Malta, NY. You should be pursuing an Engineering or related Science degree, be a self starter, and be a strong team player. You should have an interest in Controls as it relates to the operation of Facilities equipment. You will be working alongside several seasoned I&C Engineers and will be given several projects to work on during your internship. A more detailed job description is offered below.
- Operate and monitor facilities related equipment via FMCS (Facilities Monitoring and Control System).
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibrations on numerous facilities related equipment including, but not limited to, Abatement Scrubbers, Process Cooling Water Systems, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Air Handling Systems, Process Vacuum, Ultra-Pure Water Systems, Waste Water Systems, and numerous distribution systems
- Troubleshoot and repair facilities related equipment
- Assist in the creation of operations and maintenance specifications
- Support trouble-shooting of processing equipment and instrumentation failures
- Assist in writing procedures and pre-task plans for any work performed.
- Partner with Senior Technicians and Management in identifying training requirements and safety procedures in assigned specialty areas
- Partner with Engineering, Staff technicians and other specialty technicians on various facilities projects
- Perform additional duties as assigned and assist other specialty areas as required
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Pursuing a 2 or 4 Year Technical Degree in Engineering, Science, Math, Semi-Conductor operations, or related discipline. Can also be pursuing a mechanical trade position at a trade school.
- Language Fluency\: English (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of instrumentation and controls systems
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs, schematics, manuals, and operations specifications
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation.
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring a high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Strong team player with ability to work well across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated mechanical abilities with experience in maintenance and operation of equipment
- Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
- Able to perform activities that include climbing many flights of stairs, climbing vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and crawling, and working at heights
- Able to wear required PPE and take required job specific safety trainings
- Strong Safety minded attitude
- Basic knowledge of automated control systems
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance software (i.e. SAP) and automated control systems (i.e. FMCS)
- Ability to learn and work with ABB VFDs/HMIs, Allen-Bradley VFDs/HMIs, and Cimplicity HMI
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.