Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Lecoq Cuisine Corp
Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.
Our amazing people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to delivering the very best French pastries translates into an unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done, we'd love to meet you.
The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for optimizing, developing planning, scheduling and changeover activities for the Lecoq Cuisine manufacturing site and for coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials between departments according to production schedules. This position will also be responsible for keeping track of working capital and service level performance targets while coordinating and working closely with Customer Service, Purchasing, and the Shipping Department.
- Develop production plans to meet customer demand and working capital targets.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly review of existing and future production planning preparation and distribution.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly sales forecast projections. Maintain sales forecasts in the MRP system.
- Manage sales orders, forecasts, special orders, and strategic build plans.
- Analyze and create operating schedules that support maximizing machine and labor efficiency and efficiently utilize material and storage space resources while meeting customer delivery dates and other customer requirements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and other functions to develop the most efficient production plan, considering production capacity, product mix and human resources availability. Propose the best operational planning of activities to the Production Manager to optimize the allocation of available employees and equipment.
- Work with the purchasing and manufacturing departments to monitor and help plan the usage of key raw materials and sourced products.
- Create and monitor sourced items inventory reports, managing purchased finished goods service levels. Alerts purchasing to risk situations and requirements.
- Monitor plant finished goods inventory levels to ensure they meet all working capital requirements.
- Manage WIP and finished goods inventory levels within company guidance while maintaining on-time-delivery targets.
- Develops theoretical scenarios for the production plan to evaluate alternatives to optimize inventory levels for raw materials and finished goods to improve operational costs and to ensure on time delivery to all customers.
- Support the new product development process through participation on product introduction planning, transitions, etc.
- Provide management visibility over work-in-progress, material availability, and potential production issues, including shortages and bottlenecks, ensuring that personnel, equipment, tools, materials and services are available as needed.
- Support facility project schedules for shutdown work, equipment modifications, commissioning, changeover, training, and routine/non-routine facilities maintenance activities.
- Propose, gain approval for, and lead implementation of improved planning methods, tools, and reports.
- Assist management to resolve problems with late shipments, material shortages, customer schedule changes, and cancellations of customer orders.
- Minimum 5 years of production planning and scheduling experience in a process manufacturing, GMP regulated industry.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in business administration, supply chain management, or operations management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS certification a plus
- Knowledgeable in master scheduling, production planning and detailed scheduling, demand management, purchasing, and cost accounting techniques.
- Experience with inventory management.
- Experience and familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Clearly and actively communicates planning, scheduling and changeover information or process issues with affected parties in a timely manner.
- Experience with MRP, MS Office and ERP systems. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.