Summer 2021 Internship - Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by TDIndustries Inc
TDIndustries has an exciting Summer 2021 Visual Design & Construction (VDC) Internship opportunity available for students interested in partnering with an innovative and growing Mechanical Construction company. The selected Intern will team up with one of our VDC designers on commercial construction projects.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Generates construction and fabrication drawings using CADD systems and peripherals for a variety of large complex commercial and industrial construction projects.
- Generates construction and fabrication drawings for manufacturing as required by project.
- Uses technology such as AutoCAD and/or Revit and current design tools.
- Provides onsite support for field personnel, when needed, and interfaces with other team leaders, the group manager, project managers, and field supervisors.
- Reviews equipment submittal documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates draft construction drawings with other trades to ensure routings and clearances are understood and no obstructions exist.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Visual Design or a closely related field.
- Currently college level: Sophmore, Junior or Senior student
- At least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work 40 hours (or more) per week
- Excellent computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.