Landscape/Production Field Manager
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by The Loving Group
Work for the fastest growing landscape company in the country!
LOVING () are a premier provider of landscape and hardscape services to the residential homebuilder industry. We pride ourselves on being innovative; always striving to create a better product and service for our customer. We know that our employees are the key to our success that is why we are constantly creating new and improved ways to develop our talent. Having a benefits package that is competitive within our industry is important to attracting and retaining the best talent; that is why we offer a fun yet challenging work environment, work-life balance, flexible work schedules, paid time off and health insurance to name a few.
The position of Field Manager is open within our landscaping and production operations in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, positive-thinking and motivated individual with high quality standards and an appropriate skill set. This role reports directly to the Senior Field Manager and will be responsible coordinating, managing, monitoring and maintaining production and lawn maintenance sites ensuring proper execution and productivity. The Field Manager will perform the below duties and other duties as assigned.
This position is expected to work shifts Monday through Friday beginning at 6am with occasional evening and weekend work required.
This position is a salaried-exempt position with compensation commensurate with experience.
- Oversee assigned crews (lawn maintenance and production) to ensure proper execution and productivity
- Ensure proper execution of all tasks assigned within the time allotted
- Conduct site inspections prior to beginning jobs, as needed, assessing the timing and feasibility of sites
- Conduct after site inspections and quality checks, as needed
- Identify any plant, tree or turf issues
- Prioritize daily work lists, assign teams, train and oversee crew
- Ensure completion of daily time sheets and weekly reports
- Serve as the first line of customer contact on job sites
- Ensure that all machinery and standards are strictly maintained, meeting quality and safety expectations
- Manage assigned staff to ensure compliance with all company safety and operational procedures
- Close all assigned work orders ensuring proper documentation in the designated time allotted
- Provide superior customer service
- Make sure all chemical mixtures are properly made for Lawn Crew Members
- Make sure the spreader and spring rig is calibrated properly
- Assist Lawn Crew Members with spraying the city during peak seasons
The noted responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list as additional duties may be required as determined by the applicable department leader.
This company participates in E-Verify where applicable.
- Perform physical activity such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, crouching, and reaching
- Perform light to very heavy work exerting from 20 pounds of force to 100 pounds of force to move objects
- Subject to outdoor inclement weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, wind)
- Subject to periods of loud noise levels
- Subject to hazards including machinery such as mowers, tractors, bobcats, chain saws, electric clippers, etc.
- Subject to climbing
- Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation
- May be subject to use of a mask/respirator
- Subject to repetitive motions
- Associate's degree in landscaping or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years' experience including supervisory experience.
- Superior judgement and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand customer concerns and provide the appropriate response
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct employees
- Per applicable regulations, no one under age 21 will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of landscape/hardscape practices.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Effectively communicates with co-workers and management
- Detail and safety oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and comprehend regulations and instructions