Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Counselor $500 Signing bonus
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Willamette Family, Inc.
Willamette Family is seeking an experienced Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Counselor to join our team! This position will be treating Federal Correctional Clients in the system. Willamette Family provides the full continuum of Substance Use Disorder Treatment, outpatient mental health therapy, Primary Healthcare, Family Services, Peer Support, Parent Education, Skill Development, and Supported Housing services. Please see our website at WFTS.org
$250 signing bonus at the time of hire plus $250 at 6 months of service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Interact with the service population providing individual and group therapy.
· Provide educational presentations on substance abuse and other related issues.
· Service planning, file management and record-keeping per OAR'S and program policy.
· Serve as a liaison between WF and other service agencies.
· Provide culturally appropriate services, implemented within the context of social, cultural, racial, gender-specific sensitivity and understanding
· Participate in clinical staff meetings.
· Assess the ongoing needs of individuals and make appropriate referrals.
· Provide immediate crisis intervention and assistance in developing safety plans.
· Participate in weekly supervision sessions with the Clinical Supervisor.
· Provide comprehensive authorization reviews for insurance companies
· Complete necessary requirements in order to maintain certification.
· Ad hoc assignments as requested. Requirements:
· Oregon state certification CADC I is required for this position.
· A Bachelor's Degree in the social or human services field is required for this position.
· Must pass a required criminal records background check both internal and contractual to work with correctional clients.
· Must adhere to the agency's non-discrimination policies
· Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, and others with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
· Demonstration of competence in the treatment of SUDS as defined in Oregon Administrative Rules (7) (a)
· MRT certification is desirable but not a requirement
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge and understanding of substance addiction as a progressive disease
· Knowledge, understanding, and expertise in providing effective, evidence-based substance addiction treatment services
· Knowledge, skill, and experience in evidence-based interventions including Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and other trauma-informed treatment
· Required knowledge in ASAM, OAR's, 42 CFR Part 2/HIPAA.
· Above average skills and knowledge of Microsoft 365 Software as well as navigating Electronic Medical Records software
· Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Ability to follow oral and written directions and to apply techniques for special needs
· Knowledge of de-escalation methods
· Flexibility in responding to changing needs and requirements
· Ability to work in an environment where people may be verbally hostile and/or abusive
· Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
· Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork
Pre-employment drug screen (including Cannabis/THC)
and criminal background check will be required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Willamette Family, Inc., prohibits discrimination on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or Federal was, and any agency policy including, but not limited to, discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex or sexual orientation.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.