General Laborer - Farm Operations
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by The Loving Group
Work for the fastest growing landscape company in the country!
LOVING () are a premier provider of landscape and hardscape services to the residential homebuilder industry. We pride ourselves on being innovative; always striving to create a better product and service for our customer. We know that our employees are the key to our success that is why we are constantly creating new and improved ways to develop our talent. Having a benefits package that is competitive within our industry is important to attracting and retaining the best talent; that is why we offer a fun yet challenging work environment, work-life balance, flexible work schedules, paid time off and health insurance to name a few.
The position of General Laborer is open at our sod farming operations located in Kenansville, FL.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, positive-thinking and motivated individual with high quality standards and an appropriate skill set. This role reports directly to designated foreman and will be responsible for performing planting duties for the sod far as well as miscellaneous farm and landscaping duties when it is too wet for planting.
This position is expected to work shifts from Monday through Friday with occasional weekend work beginning at 7am.
The compensation for this position is $14-$16 per hour DOE.
The noted responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list as additional duties may be required as determined by the applicable department leader.
- Perform physical activity such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, crouching, and reaching
- Perform light to very heavy work exerting from 20 pounds of force repeatedly in sod farming operations
- Subject to outdoor inclement weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, wind)
- Subject to periods of loud noise levels
- Subject to hazards including machinery such as mowers, tractors, bobcats, chain saws, electric clippers, etc.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation
- Subject to repetitive motions
Working knowledge of standard landscape/farming practices.
A minimum of six months related experience is preferred
Effectively communicates with co-workers and management
Detail and safety oriented
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Read and comprehend regulations and instructions