Business Development Intern (Service)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by TDIndustries Inc
TDIndustries has exciting Internship opportunities available for students interested in partnering with an innovative and growing organization. The selected candidate will team with sales teams withing the Service business unit in our Phoenix, AZ location.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Attend weekly meetings with team members to better understand the TD Service Business Unit.
- Assist sales team in researching and identifying new opportunities
- Prospect for new leads, qualify leads, create demand, set up appointments and grow the pipeline for the sales organization
- Shadow experienced Business Development Managers and sales team members
- Provide input on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature
- Assisting team with weekly tasks, data analysis, and creative ideation
- Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts
- Assist in evaluating new sponsorship opportunities
- Learn and apply sales techniques
- Maintain sales records
- Junior or Senior majoring in Sales, Advertising, Marketing, or Business
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel preferred
- Exclusive inside access to sales meetings
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales funnel
- Collaborate with experienced sales professionals
- Sitting in on sales calls with Sales Team
- Work closely with an experience mentor who in the sales field
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Meetings with mentor to discuss learnings and career goals
- An opportunity for a long-term career at one of the "100 Best Places to Work"
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.