Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Lags Spine and Sportcare Medical Centers Inc
Move your nursing career to the next level by joining our team of nursing professionals in our surgery center. Ambulatory surgery centers are the forefront of where surgery is done now, why not be a part of the growing trend!
Lags Medical Centers is looking for a per diem Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) for our Ambulatory Surgery Center who is dedicated, hard working , able to work within a team, has a great attitude and wants to grow their nursing career. This position will be 2-3 days per week and become more if you are willing to travel to other Lags surgery centers.
Our surgery center duties will include:
- Assume the responsibility for improvement of patient safety during the state of enforced dependency created pre-operatively, intra-operatively, and post-operatively
- Be responsible for creating a safe, therapeutic environment in which the patient's psychological, physiological and physical needs are identified, anticipated and met
- Provide a channel of communication between events and team members in the procedure room and persons who may not be in the immediate area, but who are concerned with the patient's operative status
- Be responsible for documenting accurate, timely data appropriately (This includes documentation of Incident Reports, Nursing Notes, Log, etc.)
For over 20 years, LAGS Medical focus' on the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain, joint pain, knee pain and back pain using our cutting-edge program: the MAP protocol. This 3-tiered approach addresses pain from the Metabolic, Anatomical and Psychological perspectives - to treat the underlying causes rather than simply covering up the symptoms with medications.
Improving our patients' quality of life by reducing pain and restoring function using the latest evidence-based, minimally-invasive, interventional treatments. Requirements:
- Experience in peri-operative nursing preferred, but we will train the right person
- Must be have a valid California vocational nurse license
- Must have current C.P.R. certification of BLS
- Must obtain ACLS within 6 months of employment
- May be expected to lift twenty-five pounds without assistance. May be required to push patients in wheelchairs or on gurneys.
- Desire to work in a fast -paced, busy surgery center with opportunities to advance your career.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.