QA Engineering Tech
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by JAE Oregon, INC.
This position performs in frequently varied and new work situations involving a high degree of complexity. Work is performed independently and with minimal supervision but under direction of the Quality Engineering Manager. The impact of errors could result in a failure to meet established quality criteria, production schedules or customer requirements.
- Supports compliance to quality assurance processes and methods.
- Assists in investigating root causes of nonconformities and helps to perform the necessary actions to eliminate nonconformities waste in the manufacturing process.
- Supports investigations for customer claim and internal issues based on the automotive industry 8D standard approach.
- Modifies process documents and procedures for existing products.
- Assists in technical training of staff under the direction of the Quality Engineer and Production Supervisor.
- Writes standard technical documentation to ensure effective inspection and testing of materials.
- Assists in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or two to five years of technical/engineering experience preferred.
- Have the ability to gain knowledge of quality testing requirements and quality practices.
- Understands and can apply AIAG Automotive Core Tools (PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, APQP)
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Day shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Minimum of 40 hours per week