Machine Operator Apprentice
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Poly Print, Inc.
Are you seeking to kick-start your career in manufacturing? Then we should talk!
Poly Print is seeking to add a Machine Operator Apprentice for our rapidly growing business. The Machine Operator Apprentice will assist with all functions of production in their assigned roles and will be trained to become an Operator.
We are an award-winning flexographic printer and food packaging manufacturer located in Tucson, Arizona. Established in 1992, Poly Print has consistently and profitably grown into a recognized leader in the flexible packaging market.
We are experiencing rapid growth and are expanding our plant and business once again. As a result, we have an immediate need for individuals interested in a career in manufacturing/ flexographic printing. This is an entry-level, full-time job opportunity to be part of our 24-hour printing operation. No prior work experience is needed. We have a great Team. Let's discuss you joining it.
Our ideal employees will have a desire to grow into an experienced Operator role in the next 3 to 6 months. Experience in either a manufacturing or printing environment, and/or working in an SQF-certified facility are desirable - but not necessary. Successful employees at Poly Print are team players and have a passion for professional growth. Employees must be willing to work overtime as needed based on production and staffing needs. We are a 24-hour facility with multiple schedules available in each department and position.
Come start your career with Poly Print !
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay $14.00-$18.00 per hour DOE with lots of overtime potential.
- Regular pay increases based on performance and productivity.
- Employer-subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your dependent family members (50% employer paid premiums for employee and family)
- Paid Time Off Benefits (40 hours of sick leave for all employees and an additional 40 hours of PTO for employees with greater than one year of service)
- Comprehensive training with our experienced Operators that will get you up to speed on Poly Print's quality standards, techniques and production goals so that you can eventually become an Operator.
- Stable employment at a company with a great history of steady growth and a proven track record with customer satisfaction.
- Need to pass a 10-panel drug screen, as all our positions are safety sensitive. We are a zero-tolerance facility.
- Can follow instruction and be attentive to details.
- Follow all personnel, product and food safety regulations and all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the efficiency and accuracy of production processes and equipment.
- Can learn and operate production equipment based on training and management approval.
- Can safely work with printing inks and cleaning agents.
- Work with management and production team to attain team and company goals.
- Ability to work various shifts strongly preferred.
- Have good organizational skills and ability to work in a team setting.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs. minimum.
- Must be able to stand, walk, squat, crouch, turn, twist, stretch, climb steps, grab, pull, push and bend throughout an 8 to 12-hour shift.
- Distinguish printed colors for accuracy and quality standards.