Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Willamette Family, Inc.
Graveyard shift Nurse
This position provides direct client care for a medically monitored 24 hour 7 day a week 22-bed detoxification center. Has the support of the Medical Director, Physician Assistant, and Nursing Manager and RN on duty. The facility operates 24/7.
• Completion of an accredited one or two-year course of training for nurses.
• Current Oregon LPN license.
• Current CPR certification or must obtain within one month if not current.
• Must have the physical ability to bend, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, squat, pull and lift heavy clients or objects.
• Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
• Must be able to document nursing interventions and responses to care. Do so in an accurate, legible, and intelligible manner.
• Must adhere to the agency's non-discrimination policies.
• Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
• Knowledge of chemical dependency and treatment methods.
• Application of knowledge in nutrition, sanitation, and personal hygiene.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions and to apply techniques for specific needs.
• Knowledge of how to access community resources.
• Knowledge of de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in de-escalation methods.
• Physical ability to move and restrain clients in an emergency situation.
• Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform assigned tasks.
• Ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of people including the clients, the manager, and co-workers.
• Ability to work in an environment where people may be hostile or abusive.
• Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
• Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
• Ability to learn and apply training instruction.
• Knowledge of medical assessment with intoxicated persons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide direct care and delegate care of patients as indicated by client needs.
• Administer medications and treatments as directed by the standing orders.
• Observe and record pertinent information with regard to the care and condition of patients.
• Make referrals to hospitals and other agencies; manage emergencies that involve patients admitted to the detox unit.
• Assist the Physician Assistant and Medical Director as directed/requested.
• Give and receive an accurate and timely report at shift changes, maintain/update provider rounds list.
• Maintain client roster on One Note with updates for each shift.
• Maintain knowledge of current protocols and practices.
• Request assistance from RN on duty as appropriate
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Willamette Family, Inc., prohibits discrimination on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or Federal was, and any agency policy including, but not limited to, discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex or sexual orientation.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.