Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by MRG Exams
MRG Exams, a leader and premier service provider of independent medical examinations has been contracted to hire a Nurse Practitioner to work with our American Heroes. The Nurse Practitioner will perform medical examinations as a part of the VA's disability benefits process.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for reviewing electronic medical records. After reviewal, the Nurse Practitioner will perform a comprehensive disability examination on each veterans specific disability claim. The Nurse Practitioner will use electronic Disability Benefit Questionnaires (DBQ's), which will be utilized to help gather specific information the VA is asking for. After completing the examination, the DBQ's will be sent to the VA Contractor for a quality assurance review. During the quality assurance review process, the Nurse Practitioner will continue to follow the DBQ's status within their web-based portal and update accordingly. The typical volume of veterans will range from 2-5 Veterans per day based on DBQ' amount. This is a full-time,1099 position looking to work 5 days per week. You will be paid regardless of patient no-shows.
MRG Exams is looking for Nurse Practitioners who:
- Can perform comprehensive disability exams.
- Someone who is interested in serving Veterans in their community.
- Dedicated to providing top quality healthcare
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable with learning new technology and submitting examinations through an online portal.
- Ability to submit timely electronic records within 24 hours after the completion of exam.
- New Graduates are encouraged to apply!
Providers will enjoy:
- Web-based exam tool which will reduce paperwork and increase efficiency.
- Clinical work that is Monday-Friday with no nights or on-call.
- Competitive income commensurate with experience.
- The satisfaction of supporting Americas Veterans.
- Building of new relationships.
- Lower patient volumes.
Required to do the job:
- Must hold a current license as a Certified Nurse Practitioner in Arizona
- Responsible for maintaining continuing education per license requirements.
- Must have a unrestricted license.
- Must be able to analyze both health history data and physical examination data to form medical opinions.
- Must have own laptop to fill out reports.
- Proficiently use computer and health information management system.
- Strong communication skills written and oral.
- Must have a high level of discretion, judgement and confidentiality.