Administrative Assistant II (Service)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by TDIndustries Inc
Category: Professional Services
Type: Regular Full-Time
Provides administrative support to nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization. Uses business software applications (e.g., word processing, presentation and spreadsheet) to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc. Receives, screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and email. Maintains files, records, calendars and diaries. May arrange business travel, coordinate meeting arrangements, and/or track expenses.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Performs general office duties such as maintaining inventory and ordering supplies, maintaining records and files, processing invoices, and keeping supply closets and common areas clean and organized. Provides overall administrative support for the team.
- Files and retrieves documents, records, and reports. Processes documents to update and maintain files and records; i.e. phone and address lists, distribution lists, etc.
- Greets guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner. Answers electronic communications and phone calls, and directs calls to appropriate parties or takes messages. Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Composes, formats and types routine correspondence.
- Receives sorts and forwards incoming mail. Coordinates the delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Puts together files for business documents for each assigned project. Assists with bid proposal books for sales and estimating. Obtains plans & specifications for jobs as requested. Assists with completing project closeout documents including O&M.
- Prepares agendas and supporting meeting handouts.
- Prepares and codes invoices, completes expenses reports, letters and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Assist with petty cash activity. Completes expense report preparation.
- Responsible for the function of timekeeping and system entry.
- Provides support for Partner licensing renewals, reminders of employee training and assists with mobile device issues.
High School Diploma or equivalent
2-5 years of experience
Must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Suite such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Excel, Teams
Ability to occasionally travel for role
Will be working remote and office hybrid
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.