Commercial Account Manager - Arizona
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Johnson Health Tech
Under the direction of the Director of Commercial Sales, the Commercial Account Manager works to achieve the revenue and gross margin goals as agreed upon with the Director of Commercial Sales and to continue to develop assigned markets. This position will also solicit, promote and safeguard satisfactory and profitable long term relationships with the customers of Johnson Fitness & Wellness (JFW).
The Commercial Account Manager is also tasked as an administrator and coordinator to provide the necessary planning, organization, coordination, direction and control to meet the commercial sales and gross profit goals of assigned areas.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Commercial Account Manager consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
• Maintain clean and organized product show floors.
• Maintain inventory, floor and stock room in an accurate and orderly manner.
• Complete and submit daily activity reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
• Ensure the quality servicing of customers by personal involvement.
• Select and coordinate trade shows and clinics while staying within budgetary guidelines.
• Ensure that sales and gross profit goals are met through personal efforts as well as other company assets.
• Keep the Director of Commercial Sales informed as to all pertinent factors affecting assigned responsibilities.
• Monitor sales results for potential improvements and variances from plan and take appropriate actions.
• Monitor competitive activity in the market and identify new competition and/or changes in competitor's activities.
• Identify quality, timeliness or perceived value problems reported by customers, as well as requests for new products and services.
• Effectively implement programs designed to optimize new product roll outs.
• Maintain strong customer relationships and develop programs for attracting new customers.
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees.
• Master VISIO and EC Design software to create room layouts to help move the sales process forward.
• Research, suggest and assist in expanding the current customer base.
• Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and other marketing events.
• Ensure the pricing structure for products and services is competitive and that profitability is maintained in
conjunction with the Director of Commercial Sales.
• Develop a solid understanding of the merchandise offered and the benefits thereof by studying manuals, literature,
videos and other available sources of information.
• Demonstrate superior selling technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas associated with 2nd Wind
• Ensure the prompt invoicing and receipt of accounts receivable.
• Coordinate and facilitate trade shows and clinics for specific markets.
• Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospect's problems and 2nd
Wind Exercise Equipment's solutions to those problems.
• Ensure that direct customer relationships are positive, productive and profitable.
• Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities.
• Stay current on industry trends.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
• Make recommendations for and attend such training as is needed for the Commercial Account Manager to keep
proficient in all areas of responsibility.
• Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face-to-face cold calling on potential
buyers, email and networking.
• Ensure the accurate, timely and professional response to RFPs.
• Coordinate with the Delivery Manager to ensure a smooth delivery and installation process.
• Develop a tactical plan to optimize margins and profits in conjunction with the Director of Commercial Sales.
• Perform any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual or special duty the Director of Commercial
Sales may assign from time to time.
Performs other duties as assigned.Requirements:
• High school degree or equivalent required
• Bachelor's Degree in Sales Operations or related field preferred; however, extensive managerial experience in the commercial exercise equipment sales industry may substitute.
• 5-7 years of business to business sales experience is preferred
• Valid driver's license
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Ability to work on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
• Willing to assist others when his/her tasks are complete
• Contribute ideas to improve current processes
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Possess exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and
• Contributes to a positive working environment
• Should be customer service driven
• Skilled in planning, organizing resources and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results
• Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize
• Possession of strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Quality of Work:
• Attention to detail
• Able to be consistently accurate
• Able to follow tasks to completion in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off benefits
• Product discounts
• Wellness programs