Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Pace of Southwest Michigan
We are seeking experienced Home Care C.N.A.'s - Full Time Hours, Part Time Hours or PRN to join our team!
NOW OFFERING up to $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR C.N.A.'s
(Speak with HR for bonus details)
Job Summary: The Certified Nursing Assistant performs participant care activities and other tasks as assigned to assist the primary care, therapy, and adult day health staff. Works under the direct supervision of the Day Center Supervisor or designee.
• Communicates effectively with participants, families, staff, and the staff of other agencies.
• Works effectively in a team setting.
• Provides basic ADL nursing care to participants in the PACE Day Center or participant home
• Reports changes in the participant's condition to the pertinent Interdisciplinary Team member (IDT).
• Demonstrates active participation in Quality Assurance processes.
• Participates in the process of teaching and learning with others.
• Abides by all established PACE of Southwest Michigan policies, rules, and regulations.
• Clean facility equipment & maintain clean facility conditions and report on participant status or family concerns to the CNA
Lead or Day Center Supervisor).
• Conducts SBAR's as needed and reports findings to Clinic Lead.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent attention to details.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
• Knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of frail older adults.
• Effective skills in physical assessment and chronic disease management for frail older adults.
• Able to work within the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) setting.
• Able to utilize basic computer skills in the workplace.
Education: High school diploma or general education diploma.
Experience: Six months clinical experience as a personal care aide, nursing assistant, or emergency medical technician.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Certified in MI as a CNA, Valid MI Driver's License with good driving record, CPR certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to travel in all kinds of weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently move up to 50 pounds and perform physical demands expected while providing medical care for an elderly population. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to focus.