Child Youth & Family Therapist (10 month)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Youth In Need
Youth In Need Child, Youth & Family Therapist (10 Month)
Youth In Need has been serving the greater St. Louis area since 1974 when volunteers reached out to the agency's first client. A teenage runaway, who left her home after another beating, was picked up on the streets and taken to the local jail with adult criminals. Troubled by the community's response to runaway and homeless teens, volunteers changed the way these teens were treated by opening Youth In Need's Emergency Shelter.
Today, more than 400 full- and part-time staff serve more than 8,000 of the area's most vulnerable children, teens, and families at nearly 100 locations in six counties in eastern Missouri. Check out our most recent impact report here.Mission: To build on the strengths of children, youth and families so they find safety, hope and success in life. Vision: Equitable opportunities so children, youth and families in our region can thrive. Child, Youth & Family Therapist (10 Month; School-Based) We're looking for passionate Therapists who can provide assessments and individual, family and group counseling services to children and youth of all ages in the Pattonville School District. Position Type
Full Time-40 hours/weekTotal Rewards
This is a salaried position--$33,000 (Licensed- $35,000)
We offer an extensive amount of competitive benefits. Click here for more info.Responsibilities
- Provide clinical services to children, youth, and their families when needed (70%)
- Act in conjunction with child and youth service agencies, as well as, community and school partners in the area (20%)
- · To download the full job description, click here.
· You must have a Master's in Counseling or a related field and have passed the National Counselor Exam (NCE) or Master's in Social Work with LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker).
· Knowledge in child and adolescent psychological/emotional development, family systems, group process theories and approaches, sensitivity to the socioeconomic and cultural characteristics of the service population, and be strengths-based in your approach to working with children, youth, and families.
· Ability to be CPR certified preferred.
· Experience in working with children, youth, and families, individual, family, and group counseling, child development, and individual/family functioning, working with hard to reach or at-risk individuals, collaborating with other disciplines.
· We are looking for someone with excellent skills in clinical assessment, clinical/therapeutic intervention, and verbal and written communication.
· To download the full job description, click here.Why should you want to work at YIN?
We are an agency of passionate, mission-driven individuals who strive to offer the best possible services to children, youth, and families. We like to work hard, have a good laugh, and truly enjoy each other's company. Sound like you? Awesome-you've come to the right place.
You will be part of an agency that is on the leading edge of Anti-Bias/Anti-Racism Work. Youth In Need is committed to social justice and equity. We offer a wide range of ways for Staff, Leadership, and our Board of Directors to get involved including events, dialogues, caucusing, councils, and workshops.
You'll be part of a team that is structured on shared values. At YIN, we share a set of core values, which include: safety, strengths-based principals, quality service, transparency, accountability, diversity/equity/inclusion, and learning & improving. We are an agency built by social workers, so we encourage courageous spaces, leaning into discomfort and stretching your learning muscles. Above all, we value our community and relationships. We are a YIN Family!
You will truly change lives. We know, we know-it's such a cliché. But it's true. Whether you're providing front-line support to clients or working in administration, we all play an important role in keeping the mission moving forward, which, in the end, impacts clients directly. And that's what we're here for.
Want to learn more? Check out our website, Facebook page, Instagram and our YouTube channel. Give us a follow while you're there!To Apply Please apply electronically using the link below. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
If we can make any accommodations for you at any point during the hiring process, please contact . We are happy to provide you any information or resources to make this process accessible.
Believing in the power of potential, Diversity is intentionally embracing and valuing the differences and similarities, both visible and invisible, that make us who we are--ONE COMMUNITY.
Together our attitudes, actions, policies and physical environment are vital to ensure that all feel comfortable, respected and included regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, age, income, faith, political affiliation, sexual orientation or cultural background.
-Youth In Need
Youth In Need is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to ability, age, ancestry, color, cultural background, faith/religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, income, marital status, national origin, political belief/affiliation, pregnancy, race, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.