Order Fulfillment Associate
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Aesculap Inc.
Order Fulfillment Associate
Job ID: 21
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
St. Louis, MO
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of data, pick/ship confirmation of pick ticket/packing slip, auditing to assure product accuracy, and directing the product flow through various departments.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs picking and shipping confirmation
- Audits products picked for accuracy and routes to the proper departments for final processing
- Prepares domestic and international shipments for transportation
- Provides support for all areas of the operation
- Performs cycle counting and reconcile problems within the operation
- Inputs and creates reports/documents for their functional area to keep track of product movement
- Pulls and packs orders for shipments
- Process daily orders through multi-carrier manifest system
- Follows procedures for control and distribution of finished devices to ensure that only those devices approved for release are distributed
- Complies with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) procedures to ensure that all obsolete, rejected, or deteriorated manufacturing materials located in storage are not inadvertently distributed
- Follows SOP procedures to ensure mix-ups, damages, and deterioration does not occur to materials during any stages of handling
- Operates forklifts, when applicable
- Trained/Certified to ship Hazardous shipments, when applicable
- Support other operations , when required (Receiving/Packaging/Labeling/Etching/Engraving)
- Participates on lean projects
- Supports LPO (Large Pending Orders) projects/OEM throughout month
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
- Not Applicable
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 - 3 years experience required
- Normally requires procedural skills in reading, writing, and basic arithmetic.
- Must have 1 year experience with UPS/Federal Express manifest systems.
- One year of data processing and hands on experience with a PC is desirable.
Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
- and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
- and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
- employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at .
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.