SRO Program Director
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by DePaul
Category Mental Health - Residential
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Department SRO Administration
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
Halstead Square, a DePaul Community Residence-Single Room Occupancy (CR-SRO) Program, is looking for a passionate mental health professional to lead our staff and oversee operations of our Residential Community. The Program Director is responsible for the overall effective operation of the SRO including but not limited to the oversight of quality care for residents, the effective supervision of staff and the oversight of the physical building and grounds.
- Manages and directs the operation of the facility in accordance with NYS OMH codes, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and evaluation of all SRO staff including support and assistance with the effective operation of each department.
- Oversee the orientation and training of staff including the scheduling of in-services, monthly staff meetings and other mandatory trainings.
- Takes responsibility to give all staff the opportunity to learn leadership skills.
- Oversee the teaching, monitoring and delivery of recovery-oriented supports to all consumers while utilizing a person centered approach.
- Oversee the safety and well-being of residents and staff through the implementation of fire drills and ongoing fire and safety training.
- Organizes, directs and supervises the operation of the physical plant through the DePaul Physical plant standards including the maintenance and repair of the building and grounds.
- Promotes positive public relations in the surrounding community, outside agencies and the mental health system.
- Oversee the effective and efficient operation of any program that operates within the SRO (i.e., on-site treatment providers, security and housekeeping), when applicable.
- Reviews monthly budget reports and adheres to those budgets. Reviews and authorizes the payment of monthly bills.
- Makes certain that each resident is linked to public entitlements so that payment of rent and other financial obligations are met.
- Screens and interviews applicants for key staff positions and ultimately recommends the approval for hire of all other staff positions.
- Participate in grant and resource development functions when applicable.
- Obtains bids and proposals for administrative review of capital improvements and other program purchases.
- Directs and supervises all dietary functions and approves the monthly menus.
- Oversee the Residential Services Coordinators and makes certain that they follow through on individualized service planning which is consistent to each individual's needs and choices.
- Plans, organizes, directs and / or carries out a program of activities which cover spiritual development, recreation and intellectual educational development for residents as an integral part of each individuals rehabilitation. Engages in and promotes DePaul's respect policy.
- Works with the intake department and serves as an active member of admissions screenings and the Risk Management team.
- Acts as facilitator for monthly resident meetings, ensures that minute notes are taken and that there is documented timely follow up to concerns.
- Ensures that residents have adequate clothing and other necessities essential to their well-being.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies for all areas of the program.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of linkages for all medical / psychiatric support services for program clients.
- Aids and encourages residents to maintain family and / or community contacts consistent with their wants and needs.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program.
Education and Experience : Needs to meet one of the following three criteria:
A. Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field plus at least 1 year related supervisory experience
B. Associates degree in a Human Services field plus 3 years residential experience (one of which includes related supervisory experience)
C. High School diploma / GED plus 5 years full-time residential experience (one of which includes related supervisory experience)
*This position also requires a clean New York State driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel Policy.