Service Technician III - HVAC
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by TDIndustries Inc
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Service Tech III - HVAC (senior level) serves as a front-line resource to service technicians through technical support and provides guidance and training to other technicians. Performs inspections, testing, repairs, servicing, and planned maintenance of HVAC Systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Diagnoses HVAC system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position and type/size of equipment to include split systems up to 120 tons, mini split systems, 3 tons/multizone, VRV heat pump/recovery, RTUS up to 150+ tons, WSHP up to 120 tons, self-contained systems, CRAC units, air/water cooled chillers, airside, AHUs and EFs, pumps and piping.
- Coordinates work processes on large projects. Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small commercial or residential equipment to perform troubleshooting and planned maintenance as indicated in the service agreement. Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service calls as directed. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer's satisfaction. Communicates and documents project status to all project stakeholders.
- Serves as a front-line resource to service technicians through technical support. Coordinates the work of subcontractors, and trains and provides guidance to technicians.
- Coordinates multi-tech service calls.
- Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
High School Diploma or GED.
Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
Must possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
5-7 years of experience.
- Required -- HVAC Unitary skills: split system - all brands up to 120 tons, mini-split system - up to 3 ton heat pump and all brands MultiZone, VRV Heat Pump and VRV Heat Recovery, roof top units - all brands up to 150+ tons, water source heat pumps - all brands up to 120 tons, self-contained systems - water-cooled and air cooled with remote condenser and CRAC units - Leibert/data-aire/Stultz.
- Required -- HVAC Chiller skills: Air-cooled chillers - Scroll/reciprocating, Screw, Screw with VFD and Magnetic. Water Cooled Chiller - Scroll/reciprocating, Screw, Variable Speed Screw and Magnetic. Centrifugal Chiller Theory.
- Required -- HVAC Airside skills: Fan Powered Box, VAV Box, VFD Theory. Air Handler: Theory of AHU operation and Theory of control valve operation. Exhaust fans: Centrifugal Up blast Roof Fans, Centrifugal Inline Fan and Vane Axial High Pressure Fans.
- Required -- Pumps and Piping Systems skills: Pumps -- ability to identify all components, pump configurations and chiller configurations. Flow Control - automatic/circuit setter. Piping - strainers and backflow devices.
Knowledge of brand specific controls.
Advanced knowledge of service processes, techniques and codes is required.
Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
• If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
• Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
• Not authorized to work in the United States.