Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by JobTarget Recruitment Services
Get Connected! This job is not at JobTarget, but the JobTarget Recruitment Services team is helping our client find a Bilingual Mental Health Therapist in Provo, UT. Once you Apply your resume will be reviewed by our team and if you are a match we will reach out to you to disclose the name of the company and connect you with the Hiring Manager.
As a Mechanical Engineer in the company's Aerospace and Defense Practice, the qualified candidate will lead and direct specialized design teams, and manage design and fabrication sub-consultants, working with other Engineers, Architects and System Design Specialists for design and fabrication of critical assemblies, mechanisms, and related infrastructure supporting vertical and horizontal launch vehicle related projects.
The Mechanical Engineer will have earned their Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university and must have at least eight years of design engineering and/or program/project management experience. Experience should include, but not be limited to, design of specialized assemblies, tooling development and analysis, and precision machined components. The ideal candidate must have an interest in pursuing a career involving design of specialized facilities and systems in support of rocket assembly and launch infrastructure as well as other missile/defense related facilities. The successful candidate will have the skills to organize the engineering staff assigned, enjoy concept development and communicating design concepts and options with staff and clients, mentor less experienced engineering staff, and will understand how to create complete design drawings and specifications from a blank sheet, suitable for third party construction/fabrication contractor bidding purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university;
- 8 plus years' experience with mechanical design and analysis of mechanisms, actuation systems, and/or ground support equipment.
- Working knowledge and ability to use 3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis software
- Ability to produce designs based on client specifications and requirement documents
- Ability to work as a multi-discipline engineering team to produce constructible drawing packages
- Due to the nature of client projects, US citizenship or permanent legal residency is required
- Must be able to obtain federal government clearance
- Active PE license.
- Creo (Pro-E) and Windchill experience and/or SolidWorks experience
- NX NASTRAN experience
- Understanding of welding, machining, and fabrication techniques and processes
- Interest and understanding of rocket launch structures/launch pads, fueling and other support systems, handling systems, and other ground support systems