Member Service Consultant
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by GreenState Credit Union
GreenState Credit Union
Member Service Consultant
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
GreenState Credit Union
The GreenState Credit Union, a progressive, growing company, is now taking applications for Member Service Consultant. This person will be a competitive, independent, "doer" who can problem solve and get things done through people. In this role, you will promote and provide credit union products and services to new and existing members with referrals to appropriate departments when necessary. This position is responsible for opening and closing all types of share accounts and consumer loans, as well as for the necessary collection of overdrawn accounts and delinquent loans. The successful candidate will be an assertive problem solver who loves a fast paced environment, and who can motivate people to do their best.
GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Pay range for this hourly position is $17.17 - $25.76 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Acknowledge/Greet each member with Welcome to Your Credit Union
- Appearance - Adhere to GreenState's Credit Union dress code policy for front line staff
- Communication - Speak professionally and clearly. Use proper vocabulary such as "Good Morning, Happy to help, Certainly, Absolutely etc."
- Individual Needs - Take ownership of member's issues and creates a positive experience.
- Exceed Expectations - Always go above and beyond expectations and performance requests with the smile, happy to help attitude.
- Confidence - Own your knowledge
- Thank you - Thank each member for their business and make them feel valued
- Promotes and implements GreenState's values:
- We Go Above and Beyond
- We're Truthful and Accountable
- We're Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- We Embrace Continuous Improvement and Efficiency
- We Create Fun
- We Build Positive Team Spirit
- We Grow Through Learning
- We're Bold yet Humble
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision while following the 5 Star Service Standards.
- Sales - Responsible for achieving high sales expectations by promoting all retail products and services.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with other employees.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide account information to only those members listed as primary or joint owners.
- Profile each member to uncover opportunities for additional business.
- Responsible for structuring loan applications, working with underwriters and adhering to all lending policies and regulations.
- Makes weekly outbound sales calls to members to increase overall sales performance.
- Performs all aspects of MSR position. This includes the ability to accurately balance a cash drawer daily and a firm understanding of all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling, check handling, and identification.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState product and service or referring them to the specialized department (Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, GreenState Insurance etc.) to be served.
- Participates in promotions, contests, and other departmental activities which support team goals.
- Responsible for sales of loan protection products.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposit.
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing, drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events.
- Must have at least three years of similar or related experience or 12 months in a successful MSA role with knowledge of all credit union accounts and products with proven ability to handle a wide variety of functions quickly and accurately.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications.
- Proven relationship building skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to work independently
- Ability to maintain composure, and problem solve as they arise.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationship.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E Act.
Reports to the Vice President / Branch Manager as assigned.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.