Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Lecoq Cuisine Corp
Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.
Our amazing people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to delivering the very best French pastries translates into an unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done, we'd love to meet you.
The Baker is responsible for baking various pastry products as part of the QA/QC process
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Quality control
- Prepare quality samples for baking
- Organize the baking according to set instructions
- Bake according to appropriate times and temperature and adapt as required
- Participate in quality and organoleptic assessment of production samples
- Carry out the quality control of samples by taking measurements and pictures
- Communicate with QC manager
- Prepare and bake products for food show (organize the baking ovens, set up packing etc)
- Coordinate the team to prepare the samples (decorate products, pack boxes according to set instructions)
- Develop and update baking specifications for all products.
- Update and maintain the production proofing instructions
- Update baking times and temperatures of all products as required and communicate to quality for update of final product specifications
- Training of internal staff
- In collaboration with the R&D team, establish best proofing parameters for the R&D samples to be validated through baking trials
- Establish baking parameters for R&D samples based on Weights, filling and proportions
- Ensure communication of proofing and baking parameters to Quality and production for new products
- Ensure appropriate follow up on 1st production
- Define defrost times for R&D samples
- Bake R&D samples when required for quality and organoleptic assessment by the R&D team
- Baking experience essential
- Knowledge of bakery, baking, pastries and dough needed
- Ability to work autonomously
- Must be very organized
- Computer literacy a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish a plus, but not essential
- Ability to work at night when needed (aprox.6-10 times per year)
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.