Customer Service & Sales Representative
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by NORLIFT OF OREGON INC
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform field sales work to promote and develop business in a specified sales territory.
• Primary responsibility to sell after-market services. i.e. repair service, maintenance plans, parts, short term rental, limited warehouse products.
• Prepare price quotations, terms of sale, delivery dates and or estimated service dates.
• Represent manufacturer's equipment warranty coverage, manufacturers required service intervals, service work as preformed, parts warranty terms & processes.
• Insure quick resolution of any customer's complaints subject to company policies.
• Develop and maintain customer route books and submit marketing reports to management as required.
• Work together with the equipment and warehouse product's sales representative to develop business in territory assigned.
• Prepare price quotations, terms of sale and estimated delivery or service dates.
• Maintain good customer relationships and promote goodwill and positive image of the Company.
• Act on customer disputes in a timely and fair manner.
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Maintain a safe driving record while driving
• Respectfully takes direction from Service Manager.
• Works well alone and collaboratively in a team environment with a positive attitude.
• Provides excellent customer service and maintain existing relationships.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Short-term and long-term planning skills.
• Ability to learn and comply with all Federal, State, and Norlift employment regulations or policies.. Requirements:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Preferred direct sales experience, and equipment knowledge
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills and ability to have effective communication when working with customer or employee.
• Ability to quickly establish rapport and positive working relationships.
• Ability to effectively utilize established selling strategies and processes.
• User of Microsoft Office™ Suite including Outlook, Windows 7 & 10, Word and Excel.
• PC and technology literate including proprietary business system and CRM.
• Self-directed and conscientious, team player, self-reliant, excellent judgment.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Good work characteristics which include sound judgment, strong initiative, and ability to move focus quickly from one task to another.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Preferred Bachelor's degree
• Preferred at least 1 year of prior sales experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Required to talk and hear.
• Frequently required to walk and sit.
• Occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works primarily in the field traveling between customer locations. Additional time is spent in work location of choice typically outside of the dealership.
• The noise level in the work environment can vary dependent on location. Noise at the dealership is usually moderate.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to chemicals, odors, loud noise and mechanical moving parts when interacting with production employees in the various plant locations.
This is not an exhaustive list of roles and responsibilities. Changes or modifications to this job description may be made due to the needs of the company.