Director of Operations, HQ
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Britten, Inc.
Britten is a SMB, veteran-owned (VSOB), creative production house dedicated to delivering innovative signage, displays, and event branding solutions that make our customers stand out in a crowd. For 35+ years, we've leveraged our state-of-the art design, printing, fabrication, and manufacturing capabilities to propel high-impact campaigns and promotional ideas into the world. Always on time, on strategy, and on budget, we build the stuff that helps people, communities, and businesses flourish and prosper.
Located in Traverse City, Michigan, this creative production studio known as Britten seeks talented individuals to join our team. We've built a reputation for saying "yes" to projects others won't touch. Our people make that possible, individuals who put a premium on thoughtful service, care about the people next to them, and are willing to go the extra mile on projects they touch.
What We Seek...
We are looking for an individual who has a passion for building and sustaining a functional team focused on continuous improvements in all areas of manufacturing. The Director of Operations of HQ is responsible for leading the Digital Print, Fabrication, VG and Shipping teams at Britten HQ and driving improvements in quality, throughput, and cost through lean manufacturing techniques and teamwork amongst the various teams in the HQ manufacturing operation. The ideal candidate will enjoy working at a fast-paced environment and is attentive to details to achieve operational efficiencies.
Job Summary and Job Functions
- Provide clear roles and direction to all individuals working in HQ operations
- Implement and sustain QA and QC programs which reduce product defects
- Work with our Sales and Project Management teams to develop, implement and enforce a production schedule which results in all HQ orders shipping within the agreed upon deadline
- Using lean concepts to increase the flow and throughput of HQ operations
- Create and implement corrective action plans with the team for the department's future success with standard operating procedures, training and development
- Help administer cross training and use the skill matrix to make decisions that help achieve both short and long-term labor goals for operations
- Encourage and improve one piece flow cellular manufacturing where the opportunity exists
- Develop trust, commitment, and accountability amongst your team leaders and team members
- Coach, train, and develop the next generation of Operations leaders at Britten
- Must model Britten Core Values: We say Yes! We Think Bigger, We Hustle, We Keep Promises, We Build People Up
Please note this job description is not designed to be exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Previous experience in manufacturing leadership
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement required
- Experience in effectively leading a team
- Proven ability to deal with a wide range of personal issues including career development and conflict resolution
- Ability to grasp gross margin financials and favorably impact by your management decisions
- Passion for self-development
- Able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- The ability to regularly use good judgment and discretion to make educated decisions for the greater good of the company.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to interpret/make data-driven decisions
- Bachelor's degree preferred; experience strongly considered
- Must model Britten Core Values: We Say Yes, We Think Bigger, We Hustle, We Keep Promises, We Build People Up
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive hourly rate and/or salary is being offered and a full benefits package for all full-time positions.
Benefits Package Highlights:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance coverage options
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (Full time employees)
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance-company provided
- Reimbursement for safety glasses and/or work boots (if position requires and qualifies)
- Company provided safety, skill development and/or leadership training opportunities
Britten, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristics as protected by federal, state or local law. Britten, Inc. is a drug free employer.