Hotel Bar Server: Full-Time
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa
Serve guests food and beverage in a gracious professional manner. Provide a comfortable, exceptional dining experience through the consistent implementation of our existing steps of service. Maintain and improve check averages to ensure the financial success of the operation.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
- Provide prompt, efficient and gracious service to guests, including artfully describing menu items, taking food and beverage orders and correct use of the point of sale computer system, ensuring timely service.
- Correctly settle all guest checks, correct handling of cash, credit, room charge, gift certificates and city ledgers.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all service areas in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Work quickly and safely at all times.
- Maintain and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Actively participates in Safety Programs and abides by all injury reporting and safety behavior requirements.
- Participate in and support hotel efforts towards community service, sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- months current experience as a server or captain in a "fine-dining" environment.
- Wine and beverage knowledge that will allow use of pairing and suggestive selling techniques.
- Valid San Diego County Food Handlers Card
- Ability to communicate in English with vendors, guests and staff, to their understanding
- 12 months experience as busperson
- Previous Culinary experience
- High school graduate or Ged-equivalent.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program
- Certification in CPR.
- Ability to anticipate and understand guests' needs.
- Ability to move quickly and safely through workspace.
- Ability to focus attention on service details.
- Ability to follow directions thoroughly.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms' reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.