Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Pace of Southwest Michigan
The Advanced Practitioner has the responsibility for providing direct and indirect care to the PACE participants. Works under the direct supervision of the Medical Director but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills. Manages complex clinical situations for which he/she is responsible.
• Performs health histories, physical exams and participant teaching.
• Orders, interprets and follows up on lab tests and results.
• Performs selected procedures and documents care in writing in EMR.
• Initiates emergency measures as indicated
• Recognizes abnormalities that justify immediate referral for intervention by others.
• Initiates, evaluates, reviews and changes orders for selected medications and diagnostic studies/treatments within attending provider approved protocols
• Assesses, initiates and coordinates participant care daily under the supervision of the attending physician. Makes referral to other physicians including specialists with Medical Director approval.
• Requests consultations from other services as needed in collaboration with attending physician and/or established protocols.
• Acts as liaison with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals providing education, communication and support for healthcare staff, participants and families. Directs participant management in conjunction with physician staff.
• Participates in the PACE provider call schedule.
• Evaluates and treats participants in their homes, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and hospitals when medically indicated.
• Precepts students during their PACE rotation as directed by Medical Director
• Encourages completion of AD for all participants.
• Ensures compliance with all documentation and coding for accuracy and best results.
• Serves on committees and work groups as directed.
• Participates in quality initiatives as directed.
• Serves as a member of IDT.
• Fulfills all NP/PA waiver requirements.
Education: Completed Master's Degree in Clinical Nursing or as Physician's Assistant from accredited institution required
Experience: 3-5 years nursing experience with Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant experience preferred.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Active, unencumbered NP or PA licence to practice in the State of Michigan required
Special Training: Only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of orientation and/or individual competencies for the specific position description established by PACE of Southwest Michigan and approved by CMS before working independently.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
Specific Requirements and Considerations: May be subject to exposure and handling of infectious waste, diseases, conditions
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.