Security Architect (Contract to Hire)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by CO-OP Financial Services
Req No. 2
We are seeking a talented Security Architect that is passionate about managing corporate security along with a desire to champion best practices. This role performs all functions required to design and support day-to-day data security operations across a broad suite of internal infrastructure and data processing systems. The Security Architect secures all data and enterprise information systems by determining security requirements through planning, implementing, testing, and verification of design.
The Security Architect participates in the Enterprise Architecture Review Board for review of submitted plans for assurance of secure design and alignment to internal standards. The incumbent documents security standards, policies, operating procedures and mentors cyber security team members. The Security Architect prepares analysis and recommendations for remediation of vulnerabilities and findings from application security testing, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing and verification testing of remediation. This role works with Information Technology staff and business units to assess risk and address security issues.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Acquires a complete understanding of a company's data, technology, and information systems
- Plans, researches and determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researches information security standards, conducts security and vulnerability analysis and risk assessments, studies architecture/platform of the enterprise for implementation and integration of security requirements.
- Plans security systems and operating security controls; evaluates network and security technologies, develops requirements for local area networks (LAN's) and wide area networks (WAN's), virtual networks, and virtual private networks (VPN's), routers, firewalls, and related security devices (IDS, IPS, SIEM).
- Designs encryption solutions including the public key infrastructure, certificate authorities, and digital signatures for hardware and software solutions in alignment with internal standards and industry best practices.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directs equipment and software installation and configuration, prepares preventative and reactive measures for incident response and incident management.
- Verifies security systems, network segmentation, and remediation of security vulnerabilities through testing.
- Maintains security by monitoring and analysis for assurance to standards, policies, and procedures. Identifies security gaps through risk assessments and review of IT infrastructure.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions. Reviews and answers technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaches improved processes; mentors team members.
- Designs, documents and deploys cyber security systems that will be used across the environment.
- Provides design validation for new technology and major changes within the environment.
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise networks.
- Participates in defining best of class security practices for enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services transactions. Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging threats and compromise vectors, industry best practices and standards, personal and professional networking, and participation within professional organizations.
- Collaborates with other technology groups and technology architects on product strategy discussions.
- Develops or implements open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- Serves as Tier 2 resource for Incident Response and operational functions.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field.
- 10+ years' work experience in system/network engineering.
- 5+ years security engineering experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years integration of systems and network engineering experience in mid to large IT organization.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS 3.2 and financial services regulatory requirements.
- 5+ years of experience security management, information security risk assessments, information security engineering, network security management, application design and architecture, network engineering.
- 5+ years of hands on and progressive information security design and implementation. Candidate with direct engineering experience preferred.
- Experience providing internal penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, verification of network segmentation, and remediation of associated findings.
- Network administration with routing, switching, packet capture and analysis.
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and business analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
- IDS/IPS and SIEM experience with enterprise grade solutions
- Experience with firewalls (perimeter and web application) and knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, MPLS/VPLS, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and DNS.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, and security best practices and procedures for financial services.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related operational and product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support.
- Effective communications, interpersonal, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized, keen attention to detail, and efficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong background in network security related technologies.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental..... click apply for full job details