Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Larimar Therapeutics, Inc.
Larimar Therapeutics, based in the Philadelphia area, is committed to discovering and developing treatments for complex rare diseases, with an initial focus on Friedreich's ataxia. Its proprietary protein replacement therapy platform is intended to deliver missing proteins inside the machinery of cells to treat devastating rare diseases that currently have ineffective or no treatments available.
As the only employee devoted to full-time legal work, the Attorney will focus on supporting the business units in contracting activities, such as master service agreements for CMOs, CROs and testing laboratories, license agreements, research agreements, material transfer agreements, commercial agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, work orders, etc. The Attorney will create corporate and legal policies and trainings for the company as it grows and will interface as needed with outside corporate and licensing counsel. This role reports to the Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Counsel.
The Attorney position offers the unique opportunity to work in a growing, clinical-stage biotech company where you interface with the R&D, Nonclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, and Finance departments. An ideal candidate for this role would a 5th year associate from a law firm life sciences commercial practice who seeks to pursue in-house life rather than law firm partnership track.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review legal terms of all agreements to ensure compliance with law and company policies, and optimal conditions for the company
• Advise business area leads on preferred legal terms and internal contract procedures
• Negotiate legal terms with contract parties
• Participate in regular project and team meetings to gain knowledge about the company and projects relevant for providing legal advice
• Liaise with the finance department on financial matters as they pertain to contracts and statements of work
• Create and implement company legal templates, policies and trainings
• Support VP, Regulatory Affairs and Counsel and management team with corporate transactions as needed
• Provide additional legal counsel to business units based on candidate's areas of experience and interest (e.g., human resources, intellectual property, data privacy, etc.)
Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
This role requires a JD from an accredited law school and license to practice in at least one US jurisdiction, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a law firm or in-house reviewing agreements for the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry. Experience with agreements for a clinical-stage company preferred. Excellent communication and time management skills are needed, as is the ability to work with business leads in a collaborative and supportive role.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We strive to find ways to attract, develop and retain the talent needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner-without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.