Radiology Technologist / Lithotripsy Technologist - Full Time
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by UNITED MEDICAL SYSTEMS
Type: FULL TIME
Location: Little Rock, AR
Requisition ID: 1199
United Medical Systems/AKSM, national leader in shared mobile medical services, is currently seeking an ARRT certified Radiology Technologist to assist with Lithotripsy procedures. The technologist will work alongside the Urologist, OR staff and anesthesia staff during Lithotripsy procedures. This position will cover Little Rock, AR and surrounding areas.
- Operate lithotripter at assigned site in a manner that ensures patient safety while assisting urologist to provide a quality lithotripsy treatment.
- Operate C-arm, fluoroscopy equipment, and ultrasound equipment, as applicable, during lithotripsy.
- Perform documentation and data entry of lithotripsy procedures.
- Complete daily patient log and provide to AKSM accounting personnel and facility personnel, as applicable.
- Perform daily quality control verification on lithotripter and document.
- Ask the urologist for direction as to treatment strategy and parameters for each lithotripsy procedure.
- Utilize as Low as Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles to minimize x-ray exposure to AKSM personnel, patient, physician, and facility staff and maintain high quality radiological procedures.
- Assess equipment malfunction, contact appropriate support, troubleshoot, document all actions, and provide information to Regional Manager and other personnel as directed.
- Set up equipment for lithotripsy procedures and prepare for transport at end of treatment day.
- Drive the truck/van & load/unload equipment in addition to treating patients.
- Must become proficient with anatomy and locating kidney stones on x-rays, fluoroscopy, and ultrasound.
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
- Graduate of approved School of Radiologic Technology.
- Must have current ARRT certification and state licensure, as applicable. Current Healthcare provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or required to be completed within thirty (30) days of employment.
- It is the R.T.'s responsibility to assure all required licensure and/or certification is maintained and current.
- C-arm and fluoroscopy experience required
- Shockwave Lithotripsy (SWL) experience desired
- Knowledge of computers desired
Kind and Length of Experience:
- One year of R.T. experience desired
- One year of Ultrasound experience desired
- Medical insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid STD/LTD Insurance
- Fully Paid 2x Basic life Insurance
- 401k with excellent company match
- Paid Vacation/sick/personal Time