Retail Production Manager
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Hope Services
Location: San Jose, CA
Team: Retail Services - Retail Team /
Work Type: Full-Time
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
To supervise warehouse processing center operations and assure appropriate handling of incoming donations of clothing and household items. Support and communicate with retail operations and assure store supply requirements are met while maintaining productivity.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Own the Backroom area and ensure daily production runs smoothly.
2. Research market pricing and understand pricing strategies.
3. Manage the processing of all incoming product into specific categories.
4. Assure quality control of product in order to maintain highest product quality.
5. Assign daily responsibilities to Production workers and train staff to perform quality work.
6. Maintain adequate staffing to meet production demands.
7. Leads staff to assure a cooperative work environment for the team.
8. Create a safe work environment by complying with all building maintenance and safety practices.
9. Maintain production goals in order to achieve better sales every day.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. May perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of operations.
Experience working in retail/warehouse is desirable.
Reports To: Retail Store Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Leadership functions for daily supervision of production associates.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate in a positive manner.
2. Ability to document and complete daily book keeping.
3. Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
4. Knowledge of HOPE and ability to communicate information about HOPE
5. Knowledge of what items are acceptable products and what are unwanted items.
6. Ability to supervise others and provide a learning environment.
7. Ability to stand and walk for long periods
8. Ability to lift and move 40 lb. loads
9. Use of hand trucks and hydraulic lifters and other machinery.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Store environment. Constant physical activity, lifting, moving and sorting large loads of materials all day long. May be exposed to dirt and dust. Store environment. Constant physical activity, lifting, moving and sorting large loads of materials all day long. May be exposed to dirt and dust.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.