Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Surgery (Pre/Post/PACU )
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Lags Spine and Sportcare Medical Centers Inc
Registered Nurse in Same Day Surgery to provide nursing care to surgical patients undergoing pain procedures. Work Monday through Friday, no nights evenings or weekends. We offer full-time, part-time or per diem.
Our new Registered Nurse (RN) in our Ambulatory Surgery Center will be responsible for coordinating and controlling the multi-disciplinary activities required and providing a safe environment for patients undergoing pain procedures.
- In the ASC, as a Registered Nurse you will assume the responsibility for improvement of patient safety during the state of enforced dependency created pre-operatively, intra-operatively, and post-operatively.
- Assesses patient status on admission to the preop area, the operating room and/or the post-op area, and on a continuing basis.
- You will be responsible for creating a safe, therapeutic environment in which the patient's psychological, physiological and physical needs are identified, anticipated and met.
- Safely carries out physician's orders correctly and promptly, documenting all activities.
- Provide a channel of communication between events and team members in the procedure room and persons who may not be in the immediate area, but who are concerned with the patient's operative status.
- Extraordinary customer service by understanding the needs of all internal and external customers, patients, families, and physicians
- Be responsible for documenting accurate, timely data appropriately. Documents patient information in EHR and/or other electronic system in accordance with required standards, LAGS policies/procedures. (This includes documentation of Incident Reports, Nursing Notes, Log, etc.
- Must be able to travel to other LAGS facilities when needed
- Work for a leader in pain management, with a 20+ year history California's Central Valley and Central Coast Regions
- Schedule: 8 Hour Shift - Day Shift - Monday to Friday
(Full-time employees are eligible for full benefits once eligibility is met.)
Improving our patients' quality of life by reducing pain and restoring function using the latest evidence-based, minimally-invasive, interventional treatments.
- One year of experience in peri-operative nursing, including a thorough working knowledge of surgical and aseptic technique preferred.
- New Graduates encouraged to apply, we will train the right candidate.
- Must be a licensed nurse in the State of California and have current C.P.R. certification of BLS and ACLS.
- May be expected to lift twenty-five pounds without assistance. May be required to push patients in wheelchairs or on gurneys.
- Must be able to travel to other centers as needed
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.