Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Lags Spine and Sportcare Medical Centers Inc
We are seeking an experienced Medical Billing Specialist. The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as communicating with with patients, peers, insurance carriers, supervisors and physicians will be a large part of this position.
Job responsibilities include:
- Experience with ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding systems and E&M Auditing and ChartAuditing
- Knowledge of health insurance benefits and third party reimbursement including Medicare, Medi-Cal, P.PO, HMO, Personal Injury, Veteran and workers comp and their billing processes.
- Knowledge of eligibility, benefits and authorization processes.
- Highly proficient with Excel and Word. Utilizing spreadsheets, email and other systems.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively in a busy department. Detail oriented. self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Maintain accurate and timely billing guidelines per payer to ensure maximum payment.
- Audits insurance information to ensure correct data is in the system and able to identify underpayments.
- Post medical insurance payments and patient payments correctly to accounts.
- Work with personal information and maintain patient confidentiality.
In addition to a rewarding career with Lags, we have a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, employer paid life insurance, generous paid time off (PTO) plan, 11 paid holidays, and 401k. Working for Lags you will enjoy a work/life balance with Monday - Friday work week.
Lags Medical is a multi-disciplinary medical practice with offices throughout California. For over 20 years, we are dedicated to improving our patients quality of life and and restoring function using the latest evidence-based, minimally invasive , interventional treatments.
Successful candidates should have the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years experience of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding
- Experience or knowledge of E&M Auditing and ChartAuditing
- Medical office/billing experience
- Bilingual Spanish strongly recommended
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate professionally with patients, doctors, peers, etc.