Charge Nurse -Day Surgery (Pre/Post/PACU)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Lags Spine and Sportcare Medical Centers Inc
We have an opportunity for a charge nurse in our Ambulatory Surgery Center who will provide assistance and care for patients, supervise nursing staff, offer guidance and support, maintain a clean and safe working environment, and ensure that all operational tasks are completed efficiently and on time. The new RN/Charge Nurse will be responsible for coordinating and controlling the multi-disciplinary activities required for patients undergoing pain procedures. The ASC is open Monday through Friday. Our staff works an 8 hour shift. No nights, evenings or weekends.
Position Duties and Expectations for the new Charge Nurse in day surgery center:
• Record patients' medical records and monitor vital signs.
• Supervising nursing staff and monitoring their needs.
• Coordinating daily administrative duties, including schedules, nursing assignments and patient care.
• Direct reporting to the Director of Nursing
• Mentoring and training new staff and providing support and guidance to all staff members.
• Monitoring medical charts and providing compassionate care and assistance to patients and families.
• Liaising with doctors and administrators and communicating any protocol changes to staff.
• Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations.
• Recording and maintaining accurate reports.
• Identifying issues or emergencies and responding in a calm and efficient manner.
- Health Insurance available (medical, dental vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (10 paid holidays)
- Generous PTO policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life balance
- And more...
For over 20 years, LAGS Medical focus' on the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain, joint pain, knee pain and back pain using our cutting-edge program: the MAP protocol. This 3-tiered approach addresses pain from the Metabolic, Anatomical and Psychological perspectives - to treat the underlying causes rather than simply covering up the symptoms with medications.. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of California
- Current CPR certification of BLS and ACLS
- Prior experience in peri-operative nursing, including knowledge of surgical and antiseptic technique.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Compassionate with sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and eClinicalWorks a plus.
- Preferred experience in Compliance, Infection Control and/or Safety
- Ability to handle stress
- Must travel to other LAGS surgical centers when needed
Improving our patients' quality of life by reducing pain and restoring function using the latest evidence-based, minimally-invasive, interventional treatments