Cybersecurity Intern- Summer 2021
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by CO-OP Financial Services
Req No. 2
We are seeking a talented Cybersecurity Intern to work directly with the Cybersecurity Operations team performing activities relating to monitoring and responding to security events. In partnership with the cybersecurity engineering team, the intern will use tools and techniques to collect, analyze, and aggregate security metrics, data, and the network health checks.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Partner with the team in support of monitoring and response capabilities.
- Aid in phishing email ticket remediation
- Adhere to service level agreements (SLAs), metrics and business scorecard obligation for ticket handling of security incidents and events.
- Assist with goal development inside of Threat and Vulnerability Management.
- Gain a stronger understanding of the incident response process.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 3 years undergraduate degree completed at college/university or equivalent experience, particularly in the area of cybersecurity.
- Basic knowledge of related technologies such as Anti-Virus, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), File-level Disk Encryption, and Incident Response.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work experience, or other activities.
Why Join CO-OP?
You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver. We are committed to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- The opportunity to join a nationwide, fast-growing organization.
- Gain real world experience working on projects alongside full-time employees as well as other interns.
- Learn about the financial technology industry and how your work will impact credit union members across the country.
- Connect with other interns through learning opportunities and other fun events.
- Explore your interests and potential career path with job shadow options.
- Gain skills and experience that will make you a highly marketable candidate in the future.
- Regular touchpoints with internship coordinators to discuss progress, goals, and future career.