Speech Therapist - Spanish Speaking Preferred
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Hope Services
Location: San Jose, CA
Team: Homestart - Children's Services Team /
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
The Hope Services Homestart program is hiring Spanish-speaking Speech Therapists to provide 1:1 services to infants and toddlers with special needs in a home based program. At this time, sessions are conducted via teletherapy, to observe COVID-19 precautions.
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! Will you join us? Pay commensurate with experience.
About the position:
The Speech Therapist provides in home infant developmental assessment and developmental activities. Provides parent education and training relative to developmental disabilities. Promotes and documents progress. Provides assessment and diagnosis to clients, provides individual therapies, prepares individual service and coordination plans, documents clinical outcomes and acts as an advocate.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the Speech Therapist position.
1. Function independently and autonomously in providing home based early intervention services to infants and families, and maintain assigned caseload.
2. Utilize professional education and training to diagnose and treat the clients' pathology.
3. Provide evaluation and treatment addressing speech and language developmental domains.
4. Perform comprehensive speech pathology assessment of infants and identify neurological sequelae and develop and implement treatment plan based on assessment findings.
5. Perform oral-motor assessment and identify oral motor pathology and language disorders, provide therapy treatment as indicated.
6. Provide updated, developmental information at scheduled IEP's and IFSP's and establish appropriate goals and objectives.
7. May provide clinical oversight to speech pathology students working toward licensure.
8. Presents in-service trainings to HOPE staff and provide trainings to outside agencies.
9. Collaborate with physicians and outside agencies regarding developmental and other health related issues.
10. Act as consultant to other agency professional including, physical therapists, occupational therapists and infant educators. Provide clinical oversight of speech pathology students.
11. May perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of program.
Minimum Qualifications :
The Speech Therapist should possess a Bachelor's degree in Speech Pathology, plus License as a Speech Therapist and three years of related experience working with children or people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1 Basic computer skills in work processing and spreadsheet application.
2. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with cooworkers as well as with the client and families.
4. Knowledge of disabilities and syndromes.
5. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
6. Knowledge of infant assessment and developmental activities.
7. Knowledge and understanding of team and family dynamics.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
Physical & Environmental Conditions
Considerable travel in the community, primarily performs work in the client home. Lifting, moving stretching, walking and crawling during training activities with the child and family. Exposure to outdoor conditions, dust and pollens. Some computer work and periods of intense concentration.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.