Warehouse Receiving Manager
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Ooze Wholesale
Ooze Wholesale is a one-stop-shop for all types of smoke shop, dispensary, and convenience store products and accessories. We are the exclusive distributor of our House Brands: Ooze, King Palm wraps, Truweigh scales, Green Monkey Grinders, Loud Lock packaging, Resolution bong cleaner, and Stache products, and our catalog offers thousands of products from leading industry brands as well as up-and-coming brands.
As an industry leader we have experienced exponential growth since we were founded in 2015. We have made the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies the past two years, and have recently renovated and expanded our Headquarters in Oak Park, MI. We have a brand-new front office and showroom to accommodate our growing team, and have more than tripled our warehouse space as we continue to build our assortment and launch new products.
As the Receiving Manager for Ooze Wholesale you will report to and collaborate with the Director of Warehouse Operations to lead and influence successful operations within the inbound process. You will provide your team of receiving associates and put away associates with proper procedures and resources needed to attain results. You will help maintain proper warehouse layout as it pertains to the inbound flow of materials. As the Receiving Manager for Ooze Wholesale, you will be joining a fast-paced, high volume wholesaler that has experienced tremendous recent growth; this position is ideal for an experienced Warehouse Manager that isn't afraid of a challenge!
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Daily planning of work staff responsibilities based on workload
- Monitor incoming shipments to determine daily and weekly workloads
- Maintain ongoing list of incoming items and follow up with Purchasing to ensure "on time" purchase orders.
- Communicating with department managers regarding delivery issues and vendor out-of-stocks.
- Ensure all incoming products are accurately received including quantity and damages
- Maintain proper organization of back-stock and communicate with outbound to coordinate replenishments.
- Participation in inventory audits/cycle counts as needed.
- Research receipt and inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and correct process issues
- Sustain receiving staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- In-depth understanding of warehouse operations and logistics.
- 5+ years' experience supervising or managing warehouse operations
- PC Skills and abilities; Word, Excel, NetSuite a plus.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to provide overall team vision and direction
- Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Ooze Swag included:
- Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
- Located in Oak Park, MI (near Detroit).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.