Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Hope Services
Location: San Jose, CA
Team: Mental Health Services - Clinical Services Team /
Work Type: Full-Time
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all levels.
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently hiring Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners for our world-class Mental Health Services program.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
About the Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner role:
Under general supervision from a designated administrator, assist in providing comprehensive, continuous, and personalized care to assigned clients. Manages a case load, Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates care for each patient, which includes but is not limited to: appropriate treatment intervention, evaluation of outcomes, and utilization of services to ensure that patient care needs are met.
• Collect developmental history of patient.
• Conduct basic physical and psychosocial assessment of the individual and/or family. Assist physicians and other providers in delivery of care.
• Discriminate between normal conditions and normal and abnormal deviations by specific screening and tests. Refer patients with abnormal findings to physicians.
• Manage common episodic and chronic illnesses and administer medication and treatments as prescribed. Obtain treatment consents as needed.
• Provide counseling and health training.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Participate in research and development projects.
• Perform related duties based on departmental need.
The Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner should possess a Master's degree in Nursing and graduation from an ANA approved Nurse Practitioner Program. Three (3) years nursing experience. Current/valid RN license in the state of California.
1. A belief that all people are valued members of the community.
2. An understanding of the principles of normalization and commitment to community integration.
3. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the team.
4. Excellent communication and documentation skills including use of computerized word program and data base.
5. Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
6. CPR and First Aid certification. Must be able to respond to first aid injuries, and perform Heimlich and CPR when alone with consumers in the community.
7. Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer driven environment
9. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse population.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University!
A clinical office environment working closely with others as part of Interdisciplinary team as well as with persons served, sitting for periods of time in meetings and use of office environment; produce work on computers/office equipment.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status.