Marketing Manager (MTAB Benefits - Quincy)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Massachusetts Teacher Association
The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union, dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights. Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate school.
The MTA Benefits, Inc. Division is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Marketing Manager. Our ideal candidate is responsible for the administration, service, and coordination of all member benefits and marketing programs administered, operated by, or sponsored by MTA Benefits, Inc. (MTAB), MTA or NEA Member Benefits (NEAMB).
The duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Cultivate harmonious relationships with members, existing vendors and new business partners cultivated by the marketing manager relating to marketing, member benefits and MTA advertising.
- Prepare budgets and has profit and loss responsibility for all member benefits, sponsorships, advertising, and marketing.
- Manage member benefits and marketing programs with other MTA division directors, NEAMB, supplying organizations and trade associations, as well as appropriate governmental regulatory personnel and policymakers.
- Spearhead marketing programs with business partners/advertisers, agents, brokers, consultants, ISPs, digital marketing and content management services, association publications, suppliers, printers, and advertising agencies.
- Direct and coordinate IT and other electronic data procedures, including Internet service, website member files and software and hardware needs related to all member benefits programs and marketing efforts.
- Manage the employment, training and daily supervision of staff assigned under their direction; evaluate task performance of all assigned employees; administration of collective bargaining agreements; maintain adequate records of activities performed for management reporting and workload distribution and for conducting annual performance reviews.
- Monitor legislation and regulatory activity relating to member benefits, insurance, and marketing.
- Create, edit, and produce the MTA Advantage and the Member Benefits Page in each MTA Today issue and all direct mail publications and advertising materials.
- Responsible for all communications, written or verbal, including preparing copy, graphics and press releases for marketing and all related activities, and getting appropriate written approvals from the President of MTAB on all marketing materials.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or Marketing
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related marketing experience.
- Extensive management experience.
- Strong background in planning, overseeing and leading projects from concept through to completion.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing of insurance, financial services and other benefit programs.
- Proficient in budget preparation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel, by automobile or by aircraft and work weekends and nights.
MTA has a competitive compensation program with a robust benefits package that includes: a defined benefit plan, 401k, medical, dental, STD, LTD, paid holidays, and a generous time off program.
MTA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.