Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by InTransit LLC
The primary responsibility of this position is to organize, document, and coordinate internal credit and collection activities related to an assigned customer portfolio. The Collections Specialist will provide customer service for shippers and agents relating to existing account balances, account payment discrepancies, and historical invoice activity. The Collections Specialist will also analyze account performance and provide recommendations on ongoing credit limits for existing accounts.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Perform continuous monitoring of customer portfolio and execution of daily collections activities, utilizing both phone and email communications to secure status updates and promises of payment relating to delinquent customer accounts.
2. Utilize imaging systems and electronic file networks to pull and review documentation for invoicing disputes and process correction requests, when necessary. Coordinate with billing and accounting department staff on the correction of errors, including rebills, misapplied payments, overpayments, and freight bill corrections.
3. Provide monthly summary of portfolio collections progress and participate in monthly portfolio review with department manager and other management personnel as appropriate. Escalate collection issues to department manager as appropriate based on customer responses and payment actions. Work with department manager and company executives as appropriate to develop strategies around the involvement of third-party collections firms.
4. Perform periodic review of account activities to assess the adequacy of customer limits in the context of current revenue trends. Work with agents and regional business development executives to gather information on future credit needs.
5. Research any short paid invoices with customers, then working with agents, regional business development executives, and carrier services personnel as necessary to determine invoice revisions or setup necessary chargebacks to driver and agent unit accounts.
6. Assist the accounting department as necessary in obtaining any requested customer payment remittance information relevant to the assigned portfolio.
7. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant collections experience preferred -
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and high detail orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.