Mobile Radiology / Lithotripsy Technologist - Full Time
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by UNITED MEDICAL SYSTEMS
Type: FULL TIME
Location: Hartford, CT
Requisition ID: 1201
United Medical Systems (UMS), national leader in shared mobile medical services, is currently seeking an ARRT certified Radiology Technologist to assist with Lithotripsy and laser procedures. The technologist will work alongside the Urologist, OR staff and anesthesia staff during Lithotripsy and laser procedures. This position will be based in New England, Hartford, CT and covering surrounding areas. Technologist would be required to drive the company's van equipped with the equipment.
Essential Functions of Mobile Rad Technologist:
- Operate lithotripter or laser at assigned site in a manner that ensures patient safety while assisting urologist to provide a quality lithotripsy treatment
- Operate C-arm/fluoroscopy equipment during lithotripsy
- Perform documentation and data entry of lithotripsy and laser procedures
- Complete daily patient log and provide to UMS accounting personnel, Regional Manager, and facility personnel, as applicable
- Perform daily quality control verification on lithotripter and laser and document
- Ask the urologist for direction as to treatment strategy and parameters for each lithotripsy and laser procedure
- Utilize as Low as Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles and laser safety to minimize x-ray exposure to UMS personnel, patient, physician, and facility staff and maintain high quality radiological procedures
- Assess equipment malfunction, contact appropriate support, troubleshoot, document all actions, and provide information to Regional Manager and other personnel as directed
- Set up equipment for lithotripsy or laser procedures and prepare for transport at end of treatment day, load and unload equipment at each treatment site
- Must become proficient with anatomy and locating kidney stones on x-rays and fluoroscopy
- Drive the truck/van & load/unload equipment.
Education, Credentials, Licenses of Mobile Rad Technologist:
- Graduate of approved School of Radiologic Technology.
- Must have current ARRT certification and state licensure.
- Current Healthcare provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or required to be completed within thirty (30) days of employment.
- It is the R.T.'s responsibility to assure all required licensure and/or certification is maintained and current.
Specialized Knowledge of Mobile Rad Technologist:
- C-arm and fluoroscopy experience required
- Shockwave Lithotripsy (SWL) experience desired
- Knowledge of Holmium and Green Light lasers desired
- Knowledge of computers desired
Kind and Length of Experience of Mobile Rad Technologist:
- One year of R.T. experience desired
- Medical insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fully Paid STD/LTD Insurance
- Fully Paid 2x Basic life Insurance
- 401k with excellent company match
- Paid Vacation/sick/personal Time