Rx Care Advocate
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Proxsys Rx
St. Vincent's Pharmacy - Birmingham is seeking to fill the unique position of Rx Care Advocate (RCA). This is a Monday through Friday, full-time, day-shift position. The RCA is responsible for the presentation and coordination of the bedside discharge medication delivery program (DRxD) to all eligible hospital patients. The RCA works collaboratively with the nursing and pharmacy staff to facilitate the process.
This position is perfect for those with pharmacy or patient care experience looking to gain a unique experience in healthcare or sales.
The ideal candidate will have above average problem-solving and communication skills. Other qualifications and skills include:
- Associates or Bachelors degree from an accredited university preferred
- 2+ years sales and customer service experience preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills
- High energy and team-oriented
- Must be able to walk/stand 8 hours per day
- Healthcare and/or pharmacy experience helpful
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Presents DRxD program to all eligible patients for assigned units/services
- Obtains daily census from each assigned unit/service and reviews patient list for eligible status with nurse and CM/SS, as applicable
- Pre-signs eligible patients to program by presenting service prior to discharge date
- Follow DRxD scripting for presenting program
- Maintains process for tracking patient status and follow-up
- For patients accepting DRxD program, ensure patient enrollment, bedside delivery of medication and successful completion of program requirements at discharge
- Enrolls patient using mobile app or paper enrollment forms
- Transmits information to pharmacy
- Flags patients using facility specific patient flag process (i.e. magnet on door, chart sticker, etc.)
- Delivers prescriptions to patient, verifies identity, completes checkout scripting and completes discharge process, securing patient signatures
- Completes daily DRxD process in thorough and timely manner
- Begins each day completing Start of Day processes - obtain appropriate technology (i.e. tablet, smartphone, cash bag, credit card machine, etc.)
- Ends each day completing End of Day processes - complete and submit payment logs, reconcile cash bag, charge technology
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience - High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-year of customer service experience.
Language Ability - Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Able to speak effectively to customers or other members of the organization.
Mathematical Ability - Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - Working knowledge and experience with pharmacy software, Microsoft Word and the internet.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.