Senior Internal Auditor
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Atlas Air, Inc
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Internal Audit
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
The position is responsible for leading the daily planning and execution of the Company's global internal audit activities in compliance with Company policies, the Internal Audit Charter and the Institute of Internal Auditors' ("IIA") International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (" Standards "). The position will provide supervision and direction of daily audit work of staff supporting risk-based audits and Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") compliance. The position reports to the Senior Director, Internal Audit ("IA") and indirectly to the Vice President of IA.
- Work with the Senior Director, Audit Manager or other supervisor to perform the following:
- Lead the execution of all financial and operational global internal audit activities including the performance of risk assessments, scoping, planning, fieldwork, testing, administration of self-assessments, and repor
- Supervise and assist in the development of Internal Audit staff.
- Prepare a list of project-related audit issues and constructively discuss validation and a remediation plan with local management.
- Provide a brief of all audit issues to local management for discussion during the closing meeting on the last day of fieldwork.
- Prepare and share a draft of the audit report with local management for discussion and coordination of their action plans to address each issue.
- Assist in the development and implementation of data analytical audit techniques.
- Keep IA Management informed of the status of audits in progress and any potential problems or significant audit findings as they arise.
- Assist the effort to maintain and update the comprehensive departmental policies and procedures manual that adheres to the requirements of the IIA's Standards .
- Work with the Vice President and Senior Director to develop, sustain, and continuously enhance the brand and perceived value of IA within the Company.
- Perform activities related to Section 404 certification including risk assessment, control design and test of operating effectiveness.
- Execute the development and maintenance of appropriate testing strategies and plans to enable management to assess the operating effectiveness of key controls over financial reporting.
- Constructively work with management to identify areas for improvement, collectively agree upon and facilitate appropriate corrective actions and remediation while monitoring progress to ensure the timely remediating of significant deficiencies, material weaknesses or exceptions by the Company.
- Execute the administration of the Company's SOX Section 404 control self-assessment program and various internal control and fraud risk management education efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Internal Auditing, Finance or Risk Management.
- CPA or CIA certificate highly desirable; MBA a plus.
- Three+ years' experience in corporate audit, accounting, public accounting or consulting.
- Strong proficiency in internal auditing principles and best practices.
- Sound track record of accomplishment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, strong capacity to think critically and utilize analytical skills to support findings and recommendations, ability to maintain composure under pressure while taking a proactive approach to problem-solving and the overall execution of job responsibilities are all essential qualities necessary to be successful in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, particularly Section 404.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of IIA Standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of COSO Integrated Frameworks for Internal Control and Enterprise Risk Management
- Ability to provide sound business judgment and strategic thinking to enable the Company to create and sustain a "best in class" internal control function and risk assurance environment.
- Ability to inspire a strong spirit of cooperation among the management team and internal audit staff while embracing the Department's philosophy of continuous process improvement and disciplined process execution.
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint to create executive-level presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Tableau or Python to develop data analytical audit techniques.
- Familiarity or proficiency with Robotic Processing Automation.
- Ability to travel approximately 5 - 10% is required
- Ability to work overtime as required
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at .
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement