Medical Front Office Coordinator
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Vascular Institute
Would you consider yourself warm, friendly, approachable and obsessed with patient care? If you said yes to all, then we need to talk.
If you're bilingual in Spanish, that is a huge plus, but not required.
Vascular Institute is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive limb salvage program to our patients, physicians, and the community. By offering minimally invasive treatment options in an outpatient office-based setting, we are able to offer a significantly lower cost alternative compared to the hospital, while also limiting their exposure to additional disease. Vascular Institute is truly committed to the health and well-being of every patient through our clinical expertise, state of the art technology, and exceptional patient care.
The Front Office Coordinator should be fluent in speaking and writing in both Spanish and English. Also must be flexible to travel to both our Phoenix and Glendale locations. The Front Office Coordinator will be working at our Phoenix location Monday - Thursday 8 am - 5 pm & Friday from 1 pm - 5 pm; the Glendale location on Friday from 8 am - 12 pm.
The Front Office Coordinator works in an office medical environment providing excellent customer service, with a dedicated work ethic to delivering the best patient outcomes, and ensuring every encounter is a positive one for our patients. The Front Office Coordinator oversees the administrative duties of the facility. They are responsible for moving the patients through the intake and checkout process. Front Office Coordinators must ensure that all procedures, from pulling the correct patient files to charting insurance information, are closely followed so that the medical team can concentrate on the well-being of the patients. The role of the Front Office Coordinator is critical - the ideal candidate will have an upbeat, friendly, patient demeanor acting as a liaison between the patient and office staff to resolve issues, schedule appointments, and manage paperwork.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Greet patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Screen calls, arrange appointments and referrals (schedules, reschedules, and cancels appointments as needed).
• Performs Insurance Authorizations, not verifications.
• Performs pre-procedure phone calls according to protocol for each procedure.
• Request medical records from referring provider and ensure the chart has the medical records prior to appointment.
• Schedule appropriate procedures per physician's orders.
• Calls/schedules referrals and sends thank you note to referring physician.
• Logs all patient calls and activity in designated tracking EMR systems.
• Maintains inventory and submit front office supply order to administration.
• Always keeps front area neat and tidy.
• Copies medical information as requested following proper procedures.
Our organization takes the following values to heart. Our team should be a reflection of those values.
• Loyalty - a strong feeling of support or allegiance
• Integrity - being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness
• Honesty - transparent and truthful
• Accountability - an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility for one's actions
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Experience with ECW a plus
- Experience in an Medical Office environment a preferred
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure, adapt to change, and be flexible
- Must have great organizational and communication skills
- Must feel comfortable speaking face to face with people and over the phone