Lead Service Technician
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Gumenick Management Company LC
Areas of Responsibility
The Lead Service Technician assists the Building Engineer in maintaining the safety and physical integrity of the facilities, grounds, and equipment. This includes ensuring a safe, secure, and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff. Under the direction of the Community Manager and/or Building Engineer, performs repair and maintenance duties, responds to service requests, and manages the make-ready process.
- Implementation of safety guidelines and procedures
- Complete and/or delegate service requests and maintenance tasks to maintenance department associates
- Provide/coordinate staff training in all areas
- Monitor inventory control system
- Provide new associate orientation and annual performance reviews
- Monthly and quarterly reporting responsibilities
- Proof of a valid driver's license, an acceptable DMV record, and liability insurance required
- Hours: 40 hours per week, weekends as circumstances warrant, on-call for emergencies
Above is a brief outline of job duties and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Qualifications & Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
Minimum of three years' experience in property maintenance or equivalent field
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- BS or AS degree preferred
- Knowledge of boiler/chiller systems, appliances and high-pressure systems
- Knowledgeable of all government laws and regulations pertaining to the safety and maintenance of facilities and to the workplace
- Certified and/or skilled in the safe use of tools & equipment used for general maintenance and repairs
- Experience estimating maintenance and repair costs preferred
- Team Player
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.